Home > depression > 15 percent of the U.S. population is receiving food-stamp benefits.

15 percent of the U.S. population is receiving food-stamp benefits.

from David Ruccio

SNAP

source

In 2007, at the start of the Second Great Depression, 26.3 million Americans—8.7 percent of the population—were on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Today, that number has risen to 47.6 million, which means that 15 percent of the U.S. population is receiving food-stamp benefits.

What’s that you say about a recovery?

  1. May 13, 2013 at 8:32 pm

    “What’s that you say about a recovery?”
    That getting a job now only helps to pay the debt and interest owed to the PFPBanks, while leaving nothing left over for food. Has anyone asked, Why and how during the time of plenty(1976-2012), the top 10% gained all of the increase in income while the other 90% had a decrease.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s