Home > Uncategorized > U.S. Average Household Income, 2015

U.S. Average Household Income, 2015

Source: Emmanuel Saez, UC Berkeley

  1. March 12, 2018 at 6:32 pm

    Am I the only person surprised by those numbers?

  2. March 12, 2018 at 7:10 pm

    I like to see median or average income for decile. I’m surprise the average income is so low for the bottom 90%.

  3. March 14, 2018 at 6:17 am

    For me the interesting ratio is between bottom 90% and remaining 10%. On average, the bottom 90% have income only 11% of that of the remaining 10%. This is the income inequality that’s most relevant in terms of the day-to-day lives of the bottom 90%. For those as the bottom the differential between their income and that of the top 1%, and particularly the top 0.1% is impossible for them to even envision.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.