Home > Plutonomy, Politics and the economy, upward income redistribution > Plutonomy and its 12-point manifesto
Plutonomy and its 12-point manifesto
from Edward Fullbrook
This appeared on my screen last night.
The Plutonomist Manifesto
- Because democracy is our worst enemy, we must work to convert every democracy in the world to a fake democracy.
- We, The One-percent, achieve these conversions of the system of government through three forms of targeted ownership.
a. Owning mass media, the internet and the Web.
b. Owning all major political parties. We achieve this ownership by making the electoral process extremely expensive, thereby making election dependent on our financial support.
c. Owning economists. In today’s world the economics profession determines what the electorate sees and does not see regarding the economy. Therefore it is imperative that we control it. We achieve this by maintaining remunerative revolving doors, by financing think tanks and university economics departments, by funding Trojan Horse organizations to co-opt non-One-percent economists, and by our Nobel Prize.
- In countries with real democratic traditions, plutonomy revolutions are achievable only by using Trojan Horse Methods (THMs). Subversion rather than violence or open campaigning is our means of conquest.
- The use of THMs means that sometimes we must be seen to give support to our opponents.
- We must be vigilant against leakages (for example, the Citigroup documents) of the existence of our program.
- When approached always give lip-service in support of democracy.
- The middleclass is both our means to success and our ultimate obstacle. It is they, not the poor, who have what we want. Hence the necessity of THMs.
- Ridicule all suggestions of our existence as the work of conspiracy theorists, and label people who support middleclass interests over ours as “leftists”.
- Channel funds to the emerging neo-fascists parties in the US and EU countries because their shenanigans camouflage our redistributions.
- We must work to expand and refine our armoury of redistribution mechanisms.
- The success we have had in the USA and the UK in redistributing middle-class income and wealth to ourselves must now in the next 15 years be duplicated across Western Europe, most especially in France and Germany.
- Our goal of receiving forty percent of income and owning 80 percent of wealth is achievable in most countries of the world my mid-century.
REDISTRIBUTION – REDISTRIBUTION – REDISTRIBUTION